UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Old 12th Feb 2024, 12:17 pm   #1
Clive G7LUC
Triode

Default Bush TR82 prototypes found

Hi guys,

One of our Radiomuseum.org admins has just contacted me. A gentleman who lives near Chippenham, Wilts just left this on our online general enquiry portal:-

"I have the original TR82 prototype 'Chassis Test' radio - Medium Wave and two Short Waves. It is fully functional but the blue case is a bit scruffy as it bounced around in my Land Rover while travelling to Afganistan and back in 1969

.I also have a protoype MW/LW TR82 test set in a beige Ogle case. Again fully working but case has wear and tear marks.

My father was Chief Radio Engineer of Bush Radio Ltd Power Road Chiswick and used to test the sets before signing them off for production."

I am going to recommend that they both be offered to the Science Museum London national collection ( which already includes two standard TR82's).

But before they go, an article in the BVWS Journal would be a very nice idea.

Do we have any BVWS members? (Pm me please)

We are currently organising photo down!oads and I will post some here.

A very nice discovery.

Clive
Clive G7LUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2024, 5:13 pm   #2
Clive G7LUC
Triode

Default Re: Bush TR82 prototypes found

First photos received - here's an interesting one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M+SW label.jpg
Views:	123