UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Dec 2018, 9:29 am   #41
Electronpusher0
Nonode

Default Re: How to tell if they use a model for photo shoots,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1152 View Post
each worker has a washing-up liquid bottle filled with water, presumably to keep her sponge wet.
Exactly, I have one in my workshop for that same purpose.

At the electronics sub contract assembly firm I recently retired from of those doing soldering (mostly women) had gone over to using what looks like brass turnings from a lathe to clean the soldering iron tips.

Peter
Old 23rd Dec 2018, 11:34 am   #42
M0FYA Andy
Nonode

Just a thought - are we sure the picture was genuine and not a deliberate 'wind-up'? Somebody said 'let's see how many forums we can get this picture on'...………..
A bit like 'You've Been Framed' where I'm sure half the clips are set-up for the programme, excepting those with animals or small children.

Andy
Old 23rd Dec 2018, 12:59 pm   #43
stevehertz
Dekatron

I very much doubt it. I think you'll find we're too much of a minority group for people to go that far. Windups are generally executed on social media pages and the more mainstream interests and hobbies ones, but not vintage wireless. Photo banks are full of 'incorrect' photos. Just a couple of years ago I saw an ad, that's an ad in a mainstream magazine that you can buy from anywhere, in a holidays advert there's a happy young family shot and the young lad's shorts were gaping rather much to one side in an extremely embarrassing way. Now, I'm not in the habit of looking for such errors, but it was as clear as day, yet somehow this ad had reached the mainstream public. Go figure. Don't think that holding on to the the wrong end of a soldering iron is the nadir of photo shoot gaffs or that it's being done as a wind up!

Last edited by stevehertz; 23rd Dec 2018 at 1:05 pm.
Closed Thread