UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 27th May 2021, 3:21 pm   #1
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Gould 25 MHz Digital Storage Oscilloscope OS4040/OS4041

Hi!

I don't know if any Member has the Gould OS4040/OS4041 25MHz Digital Oscilloscope, but I'd like to make any Owner of these aware there are three books covering this model:

Gould Part no. 400450 – this appears to be the original book, there are two extra diagrams in the Theory Of Operations and two large Circuit Diagrams (ADC Section 2 and ADC Section 3) deleted from later manuals;

Gould Part No. 453853 – This is version two of the OS4040 book which is a (slightly!) simplified model with about 32 less TTL chips in it – 250 i.c.'s in the instrument instead of 282!

Gould Part No. 453854 – this is the book listed for the OS4041.

I'm away from work due to health reasons so can't get at the high–speed A3 scanner there but I'm endeavouring to get a reasonably priced A3 All–in–One when funds next permit for home use!

Chris Williams
Old 27th May 2021, 8:18 pm   #2
MotorBikeLes
Nonode

Default Re: Gould 25 MHz Digital Storage Oscilloscope OS4040/OS4041

Chris, I thought you bought an A3 scanner recently.
I have an HP 7500A Professional all in one. A3 printing, and it does scan single A3 sheets. However, you let it know it is A3 scan, then pop it in one way. When it has scanned that, it tells you to rotate it, scans it that way, then sews it together and gives you output on a USB stick or similar.
Slow but it does the job. Print quality excellent,but for general A4 printing, I use my HP 8500A. Very good results, it automatically duplex prints (double sided) and I often give it 10 prints of 10 sides (50 sheets in total) meaning I just have to tap them square, then staple them.I only use genuine HP cartridges, though usually out of date. Never had a bad cartridge.
I got both of these from our local amenity site. (That was before they started scrapping all electrical stuff on "safety grounds". Hopefully that will change after a long and detailed email from me detailing the folly of their policy, and exposing their "testing" as a sham. Copies to all relevant MHKs and local commissioners hopefully nailing it.
Les.
Old 27th May 2021, 9:12 pm   #3
Chris55000
Nonode

Evening Les!

I did buy an A3 Plustek scanner but I can't get W10 to recognise it, altho' there are supposed to be W10 drivers for it, and three different W10 laptops all failed to detect it!

I'm currently having a root at home to see what else I've got in the A3 line!

Chris Williams
Old 28th May 2021, 8:13 pm   #4
MotorBikeLes
Nonode

I am still looking for one, but the first thing I have to check is support under linux. I bought a high end Canon which was not supported. Some plustech have support, some do not.
Les.
Closed Thread