UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Apr 2011, 6:28 pm   #1
m0cemdave
Octode

Default Paraset operation from Bletchley Park.

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this info, but it will probably interest followers of this thread:

A group of Paraset enthusiasts from Belgium will be visiting Bletchley Park on May 15th and have arranged to operate from the site using the special event call sign G/ON4WAR. The station will be using wire aerials strung between the trees in front of the mansion. The transceivers used for this event will be replicas of the Whaddon MK VII (Paraset) constructed by members of the Radio Club of Binche.

The following frequencies will be used (CW only) subject to availability:
3.566, 3.583, 7.006, 7.012, 7.016, 7.025 MHz.

The station will particularly welcome contacts with operators of original or replica
Parasets and similar vintage clandestine or spy radios.

More info at http://www.mkars.org.uk
and (if your French is good enough) http://www.on7ry.be

Dave.
Old 20th Apr 2011, 9:03 pm   #2

Default Re: Paraset operation from Bletchley Park.

What better way to remember those brave souls that used them in anger. If I am free I will go.

Old 21st Apr 2011, 7:31 am   #3
MichaelR
Retired Dormant Member

My sentiments as well..... and let us not forget there were quite a few women who gave their lives !

Mike
Old 21st Apr 2011, 12:09 pm   #4
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

More than a few women indeed.

David
Old 21st Apr 2011, 5:19 pm   #5
mikelect
Retired Dormant Member

I used to know one of the French SOE radio operators. He spent about two years in the field before he was captured by the Germans and sent to Colditz castle POW camp. Sadly he passed away a long time ago, he was a very modest man and ended his days collecting stamps and working as a Butler in a large country house where his wife was also the Cook.................
Closed Thread