UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Mar 2011, 1:42 pm   #21
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: Harpenden 6th March 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewausfa View Post
My first time at Harpenden and a good day out, the only down-side being trying to find somewhere nearby to park.

Ended up with an EKCO A28, which seemed substantially smaller on the stage than it did when I got it home. Disappointingly it seemed to have grown even bigger by the time the missus came into my study to see what I had bought.
Second the first bit, but I was luckier with my auction radio buy- the little maroonish Fergy- the missus thought it was cute!

Nostalgia got the better of me with the purchase of the SCD100 Goodmans cassette deck- this was to replace the one I bought new around 1976 for £100+ and scrapped about 10 years ago (I still have bits of its PSU in the shed).

I too availed myself of the free sausages (and a large slice of bacon). I hope the donation I left found its way the the intended recipients.
.........O..Chris....O
Old 7th Mar 2011, 2:07 pm   #22
Ever-HMV
Retired Dormant Member

Thumbs up Re: Harpenden 6th March 2011

My first time at Harpenden too, and we (my wife came too!) had a thoroughly good day out. I spent a few quid too, but it was worth it.

Very pleased with the OPTA "Rhinegold" and the Regentone Auto '99' radiogram I picked up at the "Bring and Buy" stall, along with a couple of Pye sets.

In the Auction, I got a nice little Marconi T37DA, with all the usual caps very neatly replaced - it works very well and is already on the "finished" shelf. I also got a Regentone table receiver, which I have yet to investigate.

Thanks to all those who arranged and helped with the Swap-meet and Auction; I know an extraordinary amount of work goes into these events.

It certainly won't be the last time I go - assuming I can find some space for more stuff!

Rob
Old 7th Mar 2011, 6:13 pm   #23
rmslt56
Retired Dormant Member

Hi I was next to the people selling the AVO's.
I do not have a trading name,however my email is
Removed by moderator - please use Private Message system.
Doug

Last edited by Brian R Pateman; 7th Mar 2011 at 6:26 pm. Reason: Removing e-mail address to comply with forum rules.
Old 7th Mar 2011, 6:13 pm   #24
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

A really great day out. I was voluntarily handcuffed before the auction to prevent me buying anything but must admit I was very tempted by those pre war EMI radiograms.
One went for £3 and the other one not much more. Met a lot of good guys and did a lot of talking. Hats off to Jeffrey with his bring and buy sale and contribution to the museum. Jeffrey's stall is a bit like an old fashioned jumble sale, happy memories! Regards, John.
Old 7th Mar 2011, 10:05 pm   #25
Dr-Watts
Heptode

Well, I almost bid on that monster Rogers Majestic radiogram - But didn't - and regretted it (
Came home with 2 X Murphy 674's. One for a work collegue and one for me.
I also found a really dreadful Fergy 382U with a smashed dial and woodworm to be used as a donor for my freshly restored 382U that needs a Vol / Tone pot & Speaker.
I kept the O/P TX and Mains TX as well
It's amazing how many people recognised me this time purely because I wore my hat

Great day once again.

Regards
Dave W
Old 7th Mar 2011, 10:40 pm   #26
Line whistle
Hexode

Firstly thanks to everyone involved in organising the meeting.
I had a great day. I came away with a Ferranti 1016 radio, some BVWS caps, a few valves and books.
Cheers,
Des.
Old 8th Mar 2011, 12:19 am   #27
Danny
Heptode

Hi yes another great day not to many teles this time but still managed to get a huge murphy tv from the bring and buy stall a dutch phillips tv I dont know what apealed to me about it maybe i needed a chalenge ?. i bought a new old stock ferranti 9" tube which will come in handy soon.an ex airforce radio plus verious bits and bobs. restocked on caps, and from the auction 2 old tv lamps and 2 boxes of transistor radios mainly roberts. thanks to all hew arainged the bash and to all the canteen staff .Danny
Closed Thread