UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Dec 2017, 4:48 am   #21
babuni81
Tetrode

Default Re: Telerad D 2642 WK Radio. India.

Thank you Simpsons for the help you extended to me. I will certainly contact him Let's see.
Now its up to my luck. I will surely inform here about the further proceedings. In the mean time if you get any thing which can support the repairing process of the radio please inform me. Especially Bass and Treble control circuit.
Old 3rd Dec 2017, 5:01 am   #22
Boater Sam
Dekatron

Location: Middlewich, Cheshire, UK. & Winter in the Philippines.

I would not worry too much about the bass and treble controls, they will only be passive controls, just resistor-capacitor cut circuits. The tone control on the circuit you have is an example, it is just a top cut control, this would do as your treble control. You can play around with the capacitor values until you get the required degree of cut.
It is highly unlikely that this set ever had active bass or treble boost control, its simply not comprehensive or expensive enough.
Old 6th Dec 2017, 4:11 pm   #23
babuni81
Tetrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpsons View Post
Just a thought. Contact Muhammad Moinuddin who runs Mahboob Radio Repairs, 22-8-607 Chatta Bazaar Road, Hydrabad. Tel +(91)-40-24523514.
The phone no which is mentioned here is not correct. I called many times but its not a valid number. However if you have any mobile ph no or any other no of Mahboob Radio Repair or of Mr. Md. Moinudeen.
Old 7th Dec 2017, 12:47 am   #24
simpsons
Hexode

Hello Calcutta

I'm sorry the telephone number is not correct. I got it from the Mahoob web advert.

I suggest that you GOOGLE Mahboob Radio Repairs.

On the site, there is a box for more information.

It asks for your email address etc. and I guess they will reply to and so give your their email address.

Let me know how you get on.

Chris
Old 7th Dec 2017, 11:15 am   #25
babuni81
Tetrode

Thank You at last I contacted with them and they told to help me out for this radio.
Closed Thread