UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 3rd Dec 2017, 11:03 pm   #1
runner_bean
Triode

Default Valve Power Supply wanted

I'm restoring some 1960's vintage amateur radio equipment which I have kept from my teenage years, but need a power supply to fire it up.

150v dc at say 100mA + 6.3v ac at 1A all powered off 230v ac would be fine.

Any suggestions much appreciated.
runner_bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2017, 11:57 pm   #2
Skywave
Dekatron

Question Re: Valve Power Supply wanted

Does that HT supply need to be regulated?

Al.
Old 4th Dec 2017, 8:28 am   #3
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Default Re: Valve Power Supply wanted

If you want it would be easier to home construct, plenty of designs in RSGB and ARRL books, the transformers should not be difficult to find.
If your HT needs to be 100mA, I think you will have a few valves so may need more than 1A at 6.3v.

Ed
Ed_Dinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2017, 11:41 am   #4
runner_bean
Triode

Thanks Ed. I'm purchasing some bits off an auction site which should get me going. I used to have all this stuff but it got scrapped when I left home decades ago!
I had hoped that there might be some packaged solutions around but I guess PSUs used to be integral to complete designs so aren't readily available separately (although I did have a useful ex-govt. unit at one time that was excellent). You're right - although I only need 1A at 6.3v for now I should provision for more.
runner_bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Dec 2017, 12:33 pm   #5
mpegjohn
Pentode

Hi runner_bean

If you want a transformer wound up to give you 150V dc @ 100mA, for a bridge rectifier, and capacitor filter with a heater of 6.3V 1.5A, then I can do that for you.
PM me if you are interested.

John
mpegjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Dec 2017, 2:03 pm   #6
M0FYA Andy
Octode

A very useful power unit to look out for is a Solartron Vari-Pack SRS153.
They occasionally turn up in the usual places!
Andy
M0FYA Andy is offline   Reply With Quote