UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Feb 2018, 5:39 pm   #1
dave_n_t
Pentode

Default Dual Conversion Scanner JIL SX-400 FOC

I bought this in an auction some time ago for about 10. I've powered it up once (13.8v d.c. supply needed) and the audio works (lots of white noise!), and the display lights, but other than that I can't get it to do anything useful.

The circuit and manual are available on the web (the manufacturer is JIL).

The case is a bit knocked around, and a few screws missing; but it's essentially all there (knobs, buttons, internal telescopic aerial).

This is heavy (about 4.8Kg) - so if you want me to post it'll be expensive (around 14.00 for Royal Mail). Collection from Cheltenham, or FCS, would probably be best.

To re-iterate: Free, but you must pay any postage costs.

dave
Old 17th Feb 2018, 5:49 pm   #2
Alistair D
Octode

Default Re: Dual Conversion Scanner JIL SX-400 FOC

Dave, please cancel your ad at the moment. There is a little 'trick' you need to do to get it to work after an extended power down.

Al
Old 17th Feb 2018, 7:16 pm   #3
dave_n_t
Pentode

Alistair,

I'm intrigued!
Please tell me; and other readers, please be patient. If the trick doesn't do the job, I'll open this up again.

Mods - sorry to mess you around. Can we freeze this until Alistair's dodge is tried?
Ta.

dave
Old 17th Feb 2018, 9:12 pm   #4
Alistair D
Octode

Rather than discuss this in the for sale section I've started a new thread in the amateur and military radio section.

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...17#post1018017

Hope this works for you.

Al