View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2019, 5:40 pm   #19
MeerKat
Hexode

Default Re: Revox A77 refurbishment advice please.

Thanks to all for your contributions!

I've have the acetone on order Ted and will give the linings a good clean and see what happens. Your observations of the head agree with mine, I obtained the A77 from another forum member and though I have only met him a couple of times now I have complete faith in his history of the A77.

Thanks Tony for info about Summertone, I also have a Teac A3440 that's next on my list, ex-BBC, now that does need re-lapping! It will complement the 2 track A77 nicely, shame it's 7½ & 15 ips but you can't have everything.

Piher pots seem to be favourite, thanks monaro0162, Michael, Andy & Ben, I'll use them. I have also noted your tips Andy & Michael, I think I'll leave the stud mount cap but will check the ripple though, I'll search out your threads for info as well.

There's no pitch control on mine Ben, my pinch roller seems OK so I'll leave that. I've done the FF, RWD and play tests with no tape and the sensor covered and the motor motions/torques are in spec. so will leave the motor run caps as well.

All for now, I'll get my parts lists done and ordered and let you all know how it goes but I may have a query or two on the way!

Illegitimi non carborundum