View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2018, 6:51 pm   #1871
pmmunro
Octode

Default Re: AVO Multimeter survey

I bought a small quantity of each type of terminal cap from Megger in Dover just after Model 8 production ended but only have a few left which I expect to need for my own restorations. The part numbers are 3816-502 (Black) and 3816-503 (Red). The price had increased considerably from the previous batch which was listed at £0.17 each or I would have bought more.

It might be worth contacting Megger to see if there are any left or if further stocks were ordered but I think the policy was not to replenish and parts which were sold out.

This is perhaps a part which could be reproduced by 3D printing, possibly on a commercial scale and supply them in a similar way to the electrolytic capacitors available throught the BVWS. It might even be worth commissioning an injection moulding die as the part is so small and one mould would cover both colours. I would willingly contribute a couple of new samples to use as patterns and I could produce a CAD drawing.

I would expect that quite a few forum and BVWS members would be interested at a price around 50 pence each.

PMM
pmmunro is offline   Reply With Quote