View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2014, 9:19 am   #11
Dazza the stag
Retired Dormant Member

Hi All

Many thanks for the replies and sorry for the delay in replying. I am new to this forum and wrongly assumed I would get an email if I got a reply. Thought I was still awaiting approval for the message from a moderator, but logged on to look and all these replies ! Thank you

I feel little silly now when I read NuVistor's post. Given that was the easiest to check I went out this morning without the 6 Fluorescent lights on and 99% of the crackling has gone ! It never even crossed my mind that this could happen.

I can now hear very feint signals on MW too so I will take the car out at the weekend and see if that further improves the signal as it is in a garage at the moment. It doesn't have a corrugated roof but it is part of the house so I suppose there could be other interference around

LiveWire - It is actually a 1070X rather than a 1070 - sorry didn't realise there was a difference

60 Old John - Could you expand on that comment a little as Im not sure what you mean and probably means that I haven't done what you are suggesting

G8HQP Dave - I assume being in a screened situation is a good thing ?

Many thanks all again and I will report back once I have tested it again outside and maybe after I have done what 60 Old John is talking about

Darren

PS - I have now amended my settings so I get notified of any replies