View Single Post
Old 9th May 2019, 9:10 am   #35
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default Re: Ever Ready B121 (BLR121) or the later B154 (BLR154) battery scans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldStott View Post

And just to complete that authentic look, does anyone have a scan of the Ever Ready cylindrical U2 cell (size D) that I could use to wrap round my present day Duracell battery?
Again, I couldn't find a decent scan but based on various images, I've created a label which I hope will suffice.

I've used fonts as close as I could find to the original Ever Ready fonts.

I used a Pound Shop D cell to size the label but the top of the battery has a 5mm red rim which the Ever Ready label won't cover. The pics below will make clear what I mean. Don't know if that matters, but just in case, I've attached two labels, one of which is taller than the other at the top edge. This allow the label to be trimmed to the desired height and snipped at say 3mm intervals so that the upper edge can be folded over and glued to cover the rim of the battery.

If all that's required is to cover the side - not the top end, the 55mm high label should be fine. Printers have a mind of their own, so I've shown the dimensions that each printed label needs to be. I assume the label would be printed off and glued to the D Cell using Pritt or whatever, then discarded when a new cell is needed, with a new label printed off.

Pic 1: Normal height label.
Pic 2: Label with wider blue edge at top.
Pic 3: Normal label applied to a D Cell showing red rim of cell visible.
Pic 4: taller label applied to D Cell with the top edge snipped every few mm to be bent over.
Pic 5: Top edge bent over and glued to cover red rim of D Cell.

I only printed it off on copy paper at normal print quality and glued it with Pritt to illustrate what I mean - not as an exemplar of what a 'pimped up' D Cell should ideally look like. It could be printed to a higher quality, fitted more neatly and sprayed with auto clear lacquer.

Hope that's useful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ever Ready U2 Label.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	182748   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ever Ready U2 Label added height.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	182749   Click image for larger version

Name:	No folded top edge.jpg