View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2019, 10:05 pm   #57
af024
Octode

Default Re: Bell and Howell TQII 1652 16mm projector

Thank you for all your comments again. I am very grateful for the tip off and yes I couldn't resist some new claws just in case I need them. I guess they must wear but they are hardened, so I don't know how many operations they need to go through before they go out of shape. Again it'll be difficult setting the shuttle and the in-out correctly without the proper tools or at least a good understanding of where things need to be, but I figured without the replacement claws, if I needed to replace them at any point, I'd simply stand no chance, with or without the special tools.

Splicing is an interesting topic as I think different file stock can (and was) cemented, but other stuff (later, more modern stock) just doesn't stick. That's where 'Quik spices' (if that's what they were called) or the CIR tape and splicer come in. Boy the CIR 16mm splicers are crazy money though.

The 156 looks like it will soldier on forever!

As for the new controller, I need to take a look again. It does look weird how I've drawn it. As regards pins 4 and 6, I figured that the old module probably has these internally connected also (I will buzz them out to see if that's likely), as the lower part of the speed selector assy must presumably have a return to zero volts?

Work keeps getting in the way of play, so I must clear off to the land of nod now (up very early), but I will investigate further and report back. It's a tricky business following the tracks with dodgy eyeballs though.

Regards,

Andy