View Single Post
Old 26th May 2021, 4:50 pm   #15
deltamonk
Diode

Default Re: Getting a charity shop radiogram working

Quote:
...according to my schematic should the transformer fuse be open circuit the turntable won't work as it it fed from the secondary of said transformer.
If I recall, it seems that both sets of wires are soldered onto the same pins on the transformer / each other, so that would explain that?

Quote:
Just so further advice can be tailored to your experience of electronic circuits, do you see yourself as a novice or with some knowledge and most importantly, can you read a circuit diagram?

There will not be DC voltages on the mains transformer only AC. Also, just to be clear, a fuse can only read 0 ohms (short circuit)or open circuit, never infinity. This terminology is important should at any time you are advised to check other components and note the meter reading.
Noted, thanks. Definitely novice level, we can't read circuit diagrams, or at least not "properly", but he has 15 weeks off school now so happy for him to learn

Only checked AC across the transformer / turntable but couldn't get a DC reading between any of the other likely looking pins. Most likely need to look up how to use the meter properly!

As a few people have asked: Yes there are speakers behind the doors in the "legs", they were painted shut presumably when the plug was cut off.

We have the documents (linked earlier) and going to start in earnest soon, learning to use the meter and read the diagrams I think is step 1...

Tom