View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2018, 8:42 pm   #22
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Default Re: Radiophile Auctions

The Cowbit venue is not chosen for any sensible commercial reason, nor is it chosen because the venue is fantastically connected to the road networks.

It is the most local Radiophile venue for me, so a shame that the support for this event has dwindled as much as it has.

Quite simply, Chas and Jo take their holidays quite close to Cowbit, and they like to add an auction at either the start, or end of a few days away.

From experience Gnosall, or Market Drayton have been the better sales from a quality point of view, some of the earlier Wetwood ones have been very good indeed. By far the best sales I was ever involved with were the military ones of about 8 years ago just outside Eccleshall - tons (literally) of military and vintage kit all auctioned off with no reserve - I think everyone went home fairly happy, and well loaded, the vendor went away with a decent return, and nothing was left for scrap.

Changing times, the £5 minimum bid might help, the £2 commission per lot may not help so much - charging an entry fee would certainly make others think twice about entering rubbish!