View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2017, 10:12 pm   #175
vampyretim
Heptode

Default Op Amp preamp for a single stage valve amp.

Hi all,

I requested help with building a little amplifier to amplify the signal coming off medium to low output ceramic cartridges when being used in single staged valve amps.

After attempting a single transistor design that someone had kindly suggested on the thread I have now attempted another design (recommended on the same thread) using an Op Amp kit that was given to me by a forum member.

I don't know if anyone else has now had luck using an Op Amp as a preamp but I can say it's hands down the winner and in my opinion the best way of doing this sort of thing.

I used a velleman Op Amp kit and a small voltage regulated power supply using its own miniature mains transformer. It works much better than I was expecting and was much less hassle than a single transistor design.

I just want to thank everyone that contributed their ideas and steered me in the right direction.

I have bought another velleman kit and intend to keep using this design but am scratching my head a bit with what to use as power supplies the Op
Amps need a regulated supply of 10 to 30 V. Can anyone recommend anything suitable?

Thanks again,
Tim.

Last edited by Station X; 27th Apr 2018 at 1:50 pm. Reason: Threads merged.