View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2016, 12:40 pm   #12
mhennessy
Dekatron

Default Re: JVC CX-610GB used in BBC studios?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehertz View Post
The purpose of the post was always to establish a fact, not to enter into a discussion or even debate about the value of a TV set that I own.
Steve, no-one is discussing or debating the value of the set

The answer to your first question ("were these used by BBC studios") was "quite possibly - though more likely in OBs", followed by "here's a similar model that definitely was used at OBs in a BBC region". And maybe a "yes, definitely" will come along soon?

Upon learning that you wish to sell it, the implied question is "does this add to its value?". And that, after all, is the crux of your original question.

So you got an answer to that. OK, it's my view, but it came complete with explanation, reasoning, and independent experience. You then pressed the point that you thought that the BBC association might well add value, so you got a similar answer, with expanded explanation and reasoning.

I really don't see a problem with any of that. I even dared to hope that some people might even find it interesting, as it's a question with much wider scope than your TV set. It's a discussion forum, after all

All the best,

Mark