View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2017, 11:33 am   #32
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Default Re: Rexine cleaning?

I have been cleaning 'Rexine' covered cabinets for decades with complete success. No need for obscure chemical wonder cleaners. I use 'Flash' kitchen/bathroom cleaner or similar and a soft nailbrush with warm water. The ingrained dirt flows off and when rinsed with clean water and a 'J' cloth, can be dried and polished with aerosol furniture polish. Any faded areas exposed after cleaning can be restored with shoe cream before polishing.

I once cleaned a 1958 Sobell TPS173 transportable television covered in red and white Rexine before returning it to the customer after repair as I did with all repairs. The first thing the customer said when I carried it into the room was 'That's not my set!' She told me it could not possibly be her telly because she had tried all kinds of cleaning products on it without success.
I told her that television engineers were supplied with a special electrical cleaner that was not available to the public...I didn't want her to feel her cleaning abilities were below par. It looked brand new. FLASH! John.