View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2017, 12:54 am   #181
Damo666
Hexode

Default Re: All about CB radio

Re' the Jackson; I've just been Googling around to find info' & user reviews, and a few claims are being made that in stock form there's issues with RX on SSB with strong signals pumping, but there's a modification to improve this. Alternatively, people are just turning down the RF gain to improve the situation.

Not sure if I told you, Jeremy, but I also have the 80Ch Stalker 9 here and out of everything I've got it definitely takes pride of place. It's another really solid radio & it's a bit different in my opinion - I like that.

I'm not too keen on the Cobra 148 these days looks wise, although I once had a Superstar 3900, but I'm led to believe they're a good solid reliable performer. I sometimes come across them listed on eBay & they fetch ridiculous money, particularly if they're boxed.

I can see me becoming a bit of a collector of these old rigs, but I really shouldn't because previous experience tells me it's easy to get carried away and become a hoarder. I once had an habit of buying ex PMR gear off eBay even though I didn't really need it, and then I'd simply test it and plonk it in a storage box.

Last edited by Damo666; 17th Mar 2017 at 1:06 am.