View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2022, 1:50 am   #42
nickdoofah
Banned

Default Re: A blast from the 1980s...

The player in the 1st image is completely Mickey Mouse - total crap with no rewind or indeed a supply spindle, just a plastic post for the cassette tape to use it as a hub! Really nasty machines sprang up everywhere all using the same awful mech, no FF just play & FF achieved by retracting the pinch roller from the capstan so the tape freewheeled forward at a crawl! The beginning of the end of the golden age of boomboxes & walkmans.....All heavily cloned & sold under umpteen names sometimes with a horrid tuner section thrown in for a few quid! Try listening to some piano music on one of these especially the sustained notes, you will cringe they really are that bad! The early one I posted is all metal with a metal cassette mech & all tape transport controls! Metal flywheel instead of plastic!! I could go on about how rubbish they were all those later generic stereo's I hate them! All the other machines in the other advert are OK, all generic & above average build quality! Note the model I have is still on sale in the other advert..........

Here is mine working (Before I learnt how to capture the audio better) and poor lighting too!! We live & learn that is never ending!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtEYKw-3GKK-gbhp...cD3Mw?e=FAo6zg