View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2022, 12:59 pm   #1
retailer
Heptode

Default Rewind Dynaco mains Tx for 240V

Having just returned from a few weeks away doing nothing I'm eager to get to the Dynaco SCA 35 kit amp I recently purchased - the mains transformer is the US 110V 60Hz version and I plan to rewind for 240V operation, I found a small stack of matching laminations so I have enough to add to increase the core area to cope with the decrease in mains frequency, the chassis and transformer mounting holes are elongated and I worked out I can go from a 50mm to a 65mm lamination stack and still mount the transformer in the original holes. I'd like to make some small changes to the winding layout the original power supply has 2 non centre tapped filament windings, one for each channel, and a split secondary, approx 315V - 0 - 315V feeding a pair of silicon diodes, giving a HT of 370V I'd like to change this to a single winding with a bridge rectifier, this will make the winding of the transformer a bit easier for me and will allow me squeeze in a shield winding between the mains and secondary windings, in addition I'll try to wind the filament windings as bifilar windings which will give a true centre tap which may allow me to eliminate the 'hum bucking' 1k pots - does any one see any issues with my proposed idea.