View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2022, 1:22 pm   #17
Techman
Dekatron

Default Re: Another vintage Electrolux vacuum cleaner

Yes, the paint spraying accessory that my parents had with their 1950s Electrolux was exactly the same as the one shown in post #14 with the black Bakelite top fitting.

The type that would have been used in the earlier 1930s models would have been as shown in the picture below with the chromed metal top fitting. The picture I've 'borrowed' is from one with a lot of accessories that's been advertised for sale 'on-line' for the past several years and not sold. Unfortunately the whole set has been priced far too high for its condition. I paid around the same price as mentioned in post #14 for my first example, although the latest example, as said, was a free gift.

I remember that the first cleaner, the Z25 that I bought, was being sold in the 'collectables' room at the auction house with on-line bidding also in this room, and I noticed that the person bidding against me was in the room and was one of the 'dealers' that's always there buying loads of stuff, so he knew where to drop out of the bidding regarding value and regarding what he'd hope to have passed it on for to make any profit.

I'd quite like to find a 'period' example of the sprayer attachment at the right price, although I'm not that serious a collector of such things that I'd go particularly out of my way to find one. The cleaner that's for sale 'on-line' is a bit of a wreck with a smashed/missing switch, but seems to have its full set of accessories - shame!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	266518