Timbucus
Octode

Default Re: PIC 14 Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothie View Post
{Wormhole From the VDU Thread}
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbucus View Post
... I know this because my display on the PIC14 says 0000 00 - thanks Karen and Phil!...
Dagnabbit! Beat me to it. You genuinely are a bit of a wizard. I could complain about limted daylight, tools, blah blah but its mostly my eyesight. Although thats better than my MK14 prototype build which was before my eye operation and I didn't have stereo vision which is surprisingly inconvenient when soldering.
I've ordered a magnifying desk lamp thingie which should help with my eyesight and working in the evenings. Its now a race between that arriving and me finishing in the 2 hour slots I get between care home regime and failing sunlight. My soldering has improved after its 18 month holiday, the first resistor I put in looks terrible but I'm going to leave it lest I damage the PCB trying to make it look nice!
To play fair I had almost all the parts already so had put them all on a few days ago so tonight was just the transistors, two caps, crystal, one resistor, regulator and the external connector. The display was lifted from my MK14 as I have all mine on the same plug in arrangement so I can swap displays easily. I will use the same header on my System 1.

My eyesight is not brilliant any more but, I have been back to full strength with the desk lamp magnifying thingy I bought last year - best thing I ever did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothie View Post
I used my non-plus TL866 on Linux in Wine. When I recently re-installed Linux it stopped working (well the software, the hardware is in storage....) so I probably need to uninstall it from Wine and re-install so it picks up the right DLLs or something. Did you use the patched setupapi.dll from radioman or does it now work natively?
It was a while ago I installed it but, I did need to put in setupapi.dll to get it to work I believe.