View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2019, 2:12 pm   #55
Timbucus
Octode

Default Re: MK14 programming interface - MK2

I had a copy of that and another as a BMP but, the diagram is not that clear on the numbers and the other scan was cut off. But, this is what I believe it should be:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DeatilOnKBDisplay.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	181295

Of course physically the numbers run from 1 by the reset switch to 16 on the bottom. So PAD 6 should be to PIN 10 on IC13 and PAD 8 should be to PIN 11 on IC13 on a real MK14 V5.

The JM board is slightly different of course as described above as it runs 1:1 with PADS 3-12 mapped to PINS 1-11 (missing 8 which is Ground) on IC13 so directly to 0-9 on the BCD decode. It does do the swap of 13 and 14 so 14 will generate ABCD__EF and 13 will generate _,_,GO,MEM,ABORT,_,_,TERM

Slothie - Thanks for the help on the Scope - it was Dad and Mine's prized possession in the 1980's. I did reread the manual and spot the mention of the square wave range and capacitance after I posted. I failed the electronics side of my Radio Ham in 1980 but, passed O Level Electronics 2 years later - probably not done that much since until the last year or so, so all help appreciated.

SH - I can confirm that so far the JM top connection is the same as on the diagrams and boards I have seen, so as you say that is probably not a good idea to change - but, adding the SoC recommended connections for the VDU as the standard for the underneath is good.

The cost of my board just jumped as I had an Invoice for £32 import from FedEx for my chips from UTsource that came last month - and they charged me £12 admin for paying the customs fee for me! So beware all...

Last edited by Timbucus; 13th Apr 2019 at 2:25 pm.