View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2021, 12:09 pm   #13
Uncle Bulgaria
Nonode

Default Re: Metal Bashing: Uher Miniline 220V Bucking Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Caswell View Post
I have to admit...
Thanks for the comment, John. The connector is solidly built and originally rated for mains, and its 1970s-ness was part of the reason I chose it. Its locking mechanism is ergonomically pleasing and secure. Certainly easier to use than an IEC! In this case it's passing less than an amp, so I don't think it's a weak link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJosef View Post
If [a fuse] is fitted then there is an interesting question concerning where it should go and what rating it should be...
This is beyond my ability to deduce before the fact, so your analysis is very informative. As far as I can tell, the current fusing system protects the important parts - the wire from fire and the Uher stack from repair.

Radio Wrangler's point about a subsequent user had crossed my mind, but as it's unlikely to leave my hands for the next half-century I am not very worried. Besides, the case will have labelling detailing the fuse requirements, just like a Uher Z131 cassette power supply. Then if the value's wrong (as it was in the Z131 I have here) at least it's obvious.