View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2020, 9:23 am   #28
Destitute
Triode

Default Re: Dynamco D7100 restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical Artificer View Post
That's a lovely phosphor on your scope, a really deep green. The doubling up your seeing can be normal trigger behaviour whilst the trigger tries to latch or isn't quite set right. Also on a lot of scopes triggering at low sweep speeds is problematic. Every scope has its quirks and anomalies, some trigger really well, others don't, not sure how good a Dynamco is supposed to be..

Audacity and a bit of free software called Soundcard Scope both have decent sig gens in them, Try a 1khz sine on the 1ms/div setting, if it doesn't trigger on that it'd be worth investigating into.

Andy.
Yes, the phosphor really is a lovely colour. I've just tried the 1kHz sine wave and it triggers at 1ms/div, it's only when I get to 0.1ms/div that it stops triggering well.

In my limited experience with the scope the triggering seems to be a little hit-and-miss but that might just be my own inexperience with oscilloscopes in general. I seem to be able to get it to trigger well most of the time but then when I try and "zoom in" using the time/div it stops working so well and shows multiple overlapping traces.