View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2017, 10:41 pm   #43
gillsimo
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Mystery vintage electric fire/hotplate. Identified as a Magnet (GEC) D2400.

Thank you for that Lawrence....I missed the 13/15 slots, well spotted....but might add that mine also has rivets either side of the switch plate.
Paul..I trust you'll not see my comments as any kind of dig at your good self for I in comparison have virtually no knowledge of these things...thus your input is most welcomed & valued.
That said, as originally stated, I've spent forever & a day attempting to track this thing down and over some 4 months and hundreds of hours I've long since lost count of the number of 30's items browsed at along the way that were described as finished in Devon Cream Enamel. But as I said, you would surely know better than what I've only gleaned from Google searches of late?
I think my next step, after the kind & successful help from you folk, is to pass this over to `Value My Stuff.com`.....I'm neither inclined to keep it or sell it as such but for 15 quid I can get not so much the value but the full expert report. I've used the service before & was very impressed.....I'll post that report....as a footnote to a thread highly successful but presumably dead as such.
Again...many, many thanks for all your time/effort on my behalf, Lawrence in particular of course, who might give me a shout should he ever find himself near Glastonbury so's I might repay him
All the best
Gill