View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2018, 1:26 pm   #4
G0HZU_JMR
Dekatron

Default Re: Electrolux Masterlux Wet and Dry Carpet Cleaner

Small world! I'm fairly certain I bought it in the sales in the winter of 1993/1994 just before I moved house in 1994. It was advertised in the shop window and I think they were being sold off really cheap and I spotted the price and thought.. why not?

Here's some initial pictures of the pump. I'm afraid I didn't take very good pictures because I didn't know if this was going to end up as just another interesting/clumsy/damaging autopsy or a successful repair.

Note that there's a 1N4007 diode inline with the motor and this is only held in place with weak crimps and some heatshrinking. So this pulled/fell apart once I had the motor out. So I had to refit the diode.

Note that the shampoo motor was extremely hot when I took the unit apart and I don't think it likes being powered when it is seized internally.

So if you don't hear the shampoo pump running don't keep pressing the button as it will get very hot. I knew the pump was trying to do 'something' because I monitored the power drawn on an inline wattmeter and the power went up from 950W to just over 1000W when the shampoo pump button was pressed. But it made no sound so I assumed it was dead. But it was just seized on a bit of limescale inside the bore

Hope the internal pictures are interesting to GMB and other owners...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Motor_Assy_0.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	165413   Click image for larger version

Name:	Motor_Spring_1.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	165414   Click image for larger version

Name:	Motor_Spring_2.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	165415   Click image for larger version

Name:	Motor_View_Diode.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	165417   Click image for larger version

Name:	Motor_Spring_3a.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	165421  

Last edited by G0HZU_JMR; 1st Jul 2018 at 1:53 pm.