View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2018, 2:34 pm   #23
Phantomrose1999
Hexode

Default Grundig TK64 "The story continues" Head Coil open on one Channel

Hi all the Grundig addicts

After 13 videos and lots of work over the past few months, i though i had fully restored my Grundig TK64.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ZfUJS8Fwo

While testing i realised the switch was in MONO all this time, and while its records and plays well in MONO, when i switched it to STEREO, only the left channel was playing...oh dear !

Investigation has shown one of the two coils in the head is open circuit ! hence the problem.

See photos.

I have a TK60 for spares and possible restoration one day, and its hard to believe but the head is working, BUT its about 500 ohms per coil.
Unfortunately the whole rest of the unit needs restoration.

QUESTIONS:

Given the chances of getting a working head for this model is rather slim, has anyone tried to transplant a more modern head ?

The working coils restistance is about 1K ohms. Perhaps i can just find another one with a similiar resistance and physical fit ?

PS: A photo of my latest addition a TK46 that is like new, with every factory document, including deliver tags with the serial number. Will do a video on it, after i replace the belts and pinch roller. The rest is working well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Grundig TK64 Open coil 2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	174446   Click image for larger version

Name:	Grundig TK64 Open Coil .jpg
Views:	85
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	174447   Click image for larger version

Name:	Immaculate TK46 from 1961.jpg
Views:	104