View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2018, 12:20 am   #58
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Anyone still use a Twintub?

Our "Wash 'ouse" in Bexhill looks the [semi-derelict] part but I have discovered that it was once a Dental Technicians Workshop-hence tiling and a polished floor. Long story but I met two previous owners in one week and obtained a colour photo of the whole place after a major fire in 1956 [classic Calor Gas Boiler Bathroom explosion] turned it from an Edwardian Palace into the Simpsons house

I'd forgotten how fast twin tubs can be-I'm getting interested! There would be room. When my mother's finally expired I was going to offer it to Bury Museum. Tanuki mentioned venting the Dryer. I did mange to provide an outlet via the roof over-hang but before that, I ran the tube into a bucket one third full of cold water that absorbed the steam nicely. I thought I had invented a money spinning product until two years later when I saw a slightly more sophisticated "Bucket" Condensor on sale for £20 in the Daily Mail.

Eventually my wife bought a modern washer-good but takes ages and a Dryer that has the option to empty the condensed water to a drain or into a built in box that can be emptied manually. There IS a drain in the floor but I haven't bothered yet. Is it a source of distilled water?-probably not as there isn't a "boil wash" option.

Dave

Last edited by dave walsh; 9th Dec 2018 at 12:25 am.