View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2018, 1:14 am   #4
Phantomrose1999
Hexode

Default Re: Help Pls = Grundig TK64 Motor Not running

Hi Lucian,

Thank you for the reply, i agree with everything you said, the problem being i cant identity which wires do what on the motor because there is no visible color on the wires.

However i have traced them and thus can assume which leads go where. PLEASE SEE ATTACHED DIAGRAM

What is baffling is the left most wire on the motor tag, is connected to a frequency switch, which IS OPEN FOR 60HZ and closed for 50hz. there are NO OTHER Wires from the left most tag on the motor.

I understand switching in an additional cap for 50hz, but i cant see anything connected to the left most wire on the motor tag (which is assume is the centre tap of the motor on the schematic) when in the 60hz position, meaning there is NO Cap in the 60hz position.

I did connect a new cap from the (Assumed middle wire) to the motor wire that goes to the relay, no joy.

QUESTION: Can the capacitor be connected from the (assumed) middle wire to ANY of the two supply lines ? or will it only work in one position.

My motor part number is 7882-032. according to the schematic, i should have connected the motor cap to the fuse / transformer side, not the relay side.
QUESTION Does it matter which of the two supply line the motor cap is connected to ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	detailed wire tracing and bypass  2 .jpg
Views:	97
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	173355   Click image for larger version

Name:	cap bypass 3.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	173356   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cap bypass 1.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	173357  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf d_grundig_61_tk64_sch1b.pdf (109.9 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by Phantomrose1999; 25th Nov 2018 at 1:23 am.