View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2022, 9:04 am   #8
stevehertz
Dekatron

Default Re: Newly found VEF Spidola

Martin, Graham, Tony, thanks for your input.

As I have not yet removed the chassis from the case, (does anyone know where I can buy time?) I have only managed to clean the rotating turret contacts, but not the static, spring ones that are presently inaccessible. Clearly I have to remove the chassis. For sure, one thing I have noticed is that rotating the turret band changing switch does not cause a crackle (other than the rushing sound already there). So the contacts are either really bad on the spring side, or something is 'blocking' the signal after that point.

I have now, as a member, downloaded the schematic from Radiomuseum's web site. Thanks for the tip.

During my earlier cursory 'glance' at the component side of the PCB, it's not immediately apparent, as it would be with a UK set, which caps are electrolytics - an clues please?

One thing I will do is remove the trannies, one by one (!) and clean their legs and push in bases. Having waggled them previously I don't think that's the problem, but tarnished spring contacts are always suspect on something 60 years old.