View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2022, 5:37 am   #12
joebog1
Banned

Default Re: Idiot building a MK14 thread

I apologise gentlemen, if I have spoken out of turn.
A MK14 ( which I know nothing about ) is eons old .
I was answereing and adding my two bobs worth in terms of reliability versus cost to begin with.

I spent MANY years as a production engineer. I tried reduce costs and inventory as much as possible, while still producing MANY high quality products. I spent 12 months reducing the 3mm screw inventory from 40 to 3.

NOTHING fell apart!!.

With regards to removing and replacing chips in sockets, there is a way that DOES NOT weaken the socket grip. I have always used a screwdriver, of the correct length and width to gently remove each end of the chip by a half millimetre at a time. This will take about TWO seconds. IF you want the chip to fly out on a witches broom ?? well I cannot answer that.

I have NEVER had the problem of weakening turned socket grip. I did spend MANY months training up a production staff that KNEW what they were doing, if not understanding the electronics themselves.

To end this conversation, if Colin in Scotland wants a few lengths of turned, goldplated 60 pin single lengths, my email is in my details.

FREE!!!.

Joe in 'orsetraylia.