View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2019, 4:22 pm   #34
Luxman1050
Octode

Default Re: Philips BX281U20 valve radio

Cheers guys.
oh dear I thought I had it all wrong taken me 20 minutes to work out it's right. The diagram keeps throwing me as was not sure where junctions where plus linking up 13 14 15 etc.From top chassis to base then looking at schematic.
Plus putting +ve to chassis throws me a bit ew. Still good learning curve. Plus the no mains transformer!!!

Bit late now can all cleaned out and prept for new caps. To be honest on opening up the wires on two connections were corroded and hanging on by a whisker and the electrolytic was as dry as a bone just fell out once tar removed from base.

I did think about that re caps bringing up voltages but the set looks like it's prob not been used for 20 years just stored in its case so might as well change them while it's apart. Don't want the oh leave it alone put it all back together only to have probs then taking it all apart again. Done that once don't wanna do that again ew.

Any ideas on decent tuning dial cord. I've got some waxed leather stitching cord pretty robust stuff but suppose wax on it will collect dust just thought of that!

I think it's been stored in garage or loft as there are spots of corrosion.

Still just like to say really appreciate your help.