View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2017, 11:31 am   #20
peter_scott
Dekatron

Default Re: Baird 240 line Operation

With a few more suggestions by Jeroni Paul the process of running 405 line or 240 line or what have you lines is now very simple.

Download the Modeline Editor for Windows here:
http://www.geocities.ws/podernixie/h...deline-en.html

Having loaded the Modelines using Jeroni Paul's editor as in the first picture below, you don't need to use the Modeline Editor from now on. If you want to switch line rates then you use your Windows Control Panel, Display, Change Display Settings then select your Number 2 display and select the resolution you require.

If you want display video material the freeware application VLC Player works very well. You do need to make a little change to the pixel aspect ratio and so I have two shortcut icons on my Windows Desktop both pointing to VLC Player.

As normally loaded the Target in the shortcut might read:
"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe"

For my 405 line shortcut to VLC Player I changed the Target to read:
"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" --monitor-par=11:14

And for my 240 line VLC Player the Target is:
"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" --monitor-par=11:45

Now if I want to display a DVD on a 405 line receiver I connect my Number 2 VGA port on the PC to my Channel 1 modulator and click on my 405 VLC Player. I select Media, Open Disc.. then in the new window "Play" and the DVD menu comes up in the window. I then drag that window over to the right and off my PC screen and into my TV screen. Then hit f to get full screen then position the cursor over the video to play and hit return.

The Sony 9-90 has next to no dc restoration hence the dreadful picture but it looks better on less contrasty material e.g. Test Card C also displayed from the graphics card + modulator.

Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	144630   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard03.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	144631   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard04.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	144632   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050669 (Medium).jpg
Views:	260
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	144633   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050666 (Medium).jpg
Views:	263
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	144634  

Last edited by peter_scott; 17th Jun 2017 at 11:40 am.