Thread: Tv62
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2010, 12:16 pm   #138
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Tv62

If you've ever read my review of the Aurora (on my website) you will see that I emphasised how tiny is it.

By default it will output test card and tone when nothing is connected to the inputs. I hope that Darryl leaves the auto standby facilty off by default (this has fooled both me and others) but the manual tells you how to disable it. I hope you have remembered to download the manual from the website. I think Darryl also leaves it set the Channel 1 by default. Again you can see how to change this in the manual.

It is supplied without PSU to save on carriage costs. No point in shipping standard stuff like that across the Atlantic. The power supply is utterly non-critical. A cheap and nasty "wall wart" from anywhere is fine. You can re-use an old one from somethng else - many of us have a box of the things lying around. Minimum 7V and I like to keep below 12V though I think Darryl says it's OK up to 14V. You can also use a bench power supply. You can't damage it with reverse polarity, it just won't work.

You will also need an adaptor from F to B&L co-ax to get the signal into your set. Again very widely and cheaply available.