View Single Post
Old 21st May 2010, 9:07 pm   #90
dominicbeesley
Octode

Default Re: Oh no - another V4!

Thanks John,

I've checked and rechecked all caps and resistors in this area C99 and C102 checked out ok on the component bridge and I couldn't measure any leakage at all when I connected them up in series witha 22M resistor and a 250vDC supply.

However C101 was still not doing anything so in desperation I replaced it and now I can get something to happen but not what you described earlier.

If I screw it right down the picture narrows and darkens - but no kink. If I screw it out I get a wider brighter picture but no kink. So not sure where to set it - I just left it at the point where waveform [16] is roughly 80v - that gives a fairly narrow picture though.

BTW What is the kink due to? Is it something to do with the core saturating because of too much standing current?

I'll have another look when I'm feeling a bit better - it looks like there might have been some bodging in this area as the line-hold preset is mounted on a funny little bracket due to it not having the correct thread on the back! So all might not be as it seems.

Dom