View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2020, 11:35 am   #52
Drewpicker
Tetrode

Default Re: Help! Problem with my Technics Amp cutting out .

Hi PJL ... i refit R391 and figured from what you said that I might as well try replacing C371 and C363 (I'd spent some time scouring the board for C383 then looked at the parts list to find it didn't exist ... so I followed your explanation with the schematic and realised you meant C363) ... and lo and behold it appears to have solved the problem... I haven't had time to give it a long test but 5 mins on a reasonably high volume and no tripping out ... I remember reading a thread by someone along the lines of "it's always a capacitor" .... hope this is solved now ... I'm going to have a look at the VF display problem (thanks Duncan) ...in the interest of thoroughness and to maybe learn something.. in the meantime I'll give the amp a better work out .... I have an old late 70s 20w guitar amp that was given to me.... an ibz20 it turns on but doesn't work... i cant find a schematic for it anywhere.... that'll be my next project/thread... if you fancy helping me on that one youd be most welcome.... no computer chips or data connections or auto cut-off on that one thankfully.... thanks for your time, patience and incredible knowledge... without your help I'd still be nowhere on this one .... I'll report back on my progress with this .... all the best .