View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2017, 11:41 am   #1
Tractorfan
Dekatron

Location: St. Frajou, l'Isle en Dodon, Haute Garonne, France.(Previously: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, UK.)
Default Old Uher 4000 motor problem.

Hi,
I picked up this shabby Uher 4000 Report - L yesterday for not much money. After replacing the main belt, I got it running (until the second, smaller one snapped), and it works well considering it looked like it had been dragged out of a shed.
It's got four speeds and came complete with a Grundig mic and the mains PSU.
However, the motor seems incapable of starting on its own and needs a push to set it spinning, whereupon it runs fine until it's turned off, then it needs another push to restart it.
Is there a motor control circuit with these which is no longer providing enough starting torque? There are more than two wires going to the motor, which suggests to me, some sort of feedback speed control system. I may be wrong though. Once it's running, the speed is correct and forward & rewind is OK. I don't think there's a tight bearing, but I'll strip it down further and check/lubricate when I get the time.
Many thanks.
Cheers, Pete.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Uher 4000 Report - L.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	148173  

Last edited by Tractorfan; 21st Aug 2017 at 11:42 am. Reason: Missed out an 'a'.