Thread: Cambridge P40
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2018, 6:49 pm   #1
keith2018
Retired Dormant Member

Default Cambridge P40

Hi all, I have a Cambridge P40 Amplifier (and CD Player & Speakers from the same era). Originally purchased around 30 years ago I doubt if the system has had 50 hours use - long term storage and then the loft - it's a long story, no pun intended.

Having switched it on it was fine for around a 30 minute test. Then went to switch it on the next day and at powering it up it died. I replaced a fuse on the board and it now works, but the left hand channel has no sound - confirmed by swapping speakers around etc. Depressing the Mono button gets sound from both speakers.
For sentimental reasons, and the fact it still sounds so good when it's working, I'd very much appreciate any advice / assistance / suggestions to get it back up and running.

From the image I can see a few marks on the board but I can't see any obvious component damage. From a thread on this board on the same model I did note that replacing the 2 x red Roe is suggested as standard?.

I do have a multimeter and soldering equipment and appreciate electrical safety. An electronics apprentice originally but thats a long time ago now.

I have uploaded a very high quality image at this link:

http://www.keithb.org/P40.JPG

Thank You,

Keith.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P40.jpg
Views:	892
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	156801