Thread: Nikola Tesla
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2017, 8:25 pm   #46
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Nikola Tesla

Thanks for the Tram confirmation Graham. I was beginning to think we had another mystery on our hands Hastings and Bexhill had Trams until the fifties. I think it's the time when a number of post war councils changed to buses but in cities, urban towns or places of historical/amenity interest it was probaly a false economy and much of the light rail infrastructure has come back again as a financial success [if you discount the Edinburgh debacle].

Manchester's system got dumped as well barreter but I'd only read the accounts about an ominous buzzing in the wet in relation to Yorkshire! I think the Tram Tracks still exist buried along Bexhill's, Blackpool like, promenade. Tram Cars would have been a great assett to the town if they had been retained. There were scenes of great emotion in most places when the final Cars ran.

Related to the "When the collection takes over" thread [in my case it's not just radios] I've been doing some sorting out today and one of my Tesla books emerged ie Commander X Nikola Tesla Free Energy and the White Dove. This is an example of the books that tend to mix in an amount of mysticism with the Tesla engineering but fascinating all the same! The American and German governments don't seem to have been that sceptical during and after the War. I've had a look at the Gustav Winter house on FeurtaVentura. It's nothing to do with Tesla [as far as I know] but does illustrate very well that very strange things went on during WW2. At least one of the Indiana Jones films might not be that fictional.

Dave W

Last edited by dave walsh; 13th Oct 2017 at 8:47 pm.