View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2019, 11:12 pm   #69
Skywave
Rest in Peace

Arrow Re: Antenna recommendation for 40 and 80M bands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywave View Post
What you need to do now is to check for conductivity between one of those wall socket's earth point and the metal of the metal pipe that brings water into your house at the point where it enters your house. Since that pipe will be at 'electrical earth' - or most certainly should be, since it is metal and will be buried in the ground - I think you should see a low resistance between it and the E pin of a wall socket.

Let us know if that is - or isn't the case. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by budkor22 View Post
Yes, that is what I have done already, checking the wall sockets' E pins connectivity with the water pipes, and there is no connectivity.
I see. So - if I have understood correctly everything you've written so far - you have no conductivity between the incoming metal water pipe to your house and at least one 'E' pin of a 230-v. 3-pin wall socket. That, to me, sounds an alarm bell. To me, it implies that the earthing of at least one of the 230-v. wall-mounted sockets is not connected to electrical earth - or if it is, the resistance is too high. I think you need to get the wiring in your house checked out by a qualified electrician urgently.
Again, if - and this is a big 'if' - I have understood correctly everything you've written so far - the electrical wiring in your house could be dangerous.

Now not wishing to frighten the OP unduly, anyone here agree with my reasoning - or is there a flaw in it somewhere ?
I am simply trying to help the OP.

Al.