View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2018, 11:32 am   #13
Al (astral highway)
Dekatron

Default Re: CPU cooling fan - blind-spots in risk/ personal safety assessment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argus25 View Post
I think what happens here is, as the years pass, we have less and less injuries in the workshop because over time we have had most of them, cuts from drills, tools sharp metal edges, blisters from filing, trying to catch a falling soldering iron by its tip etc and we simply fall into less traps.
Well put, Hugo. We do acquire a broader awareness in the increments you describe, not but a perfect one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argus25 View Post
If I look at the scars on my hands, one of the bigger arrays I acquired as a teenager is that from a model plane motor that was resistant to start ... When it did start, the tip of the prop caused multiple parallel lacerations.
But ...not quite as bad as those acquired from what I thought was a dead parrot that I picked up, of course it was just stunned and when it woke up and put the chompers on my finger, it did quite a bit of damage.
Resilient hands, there, Hugo. I've never had a parrot crush my fingers like a brazil nut, but the lead incident also sounds excruciating. I do remember that kind of youthful zeal to experiment in ways that in retrospect, are fraught with danger.