View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2019, 2:49 pm   #26
regenfreak
Heptode

Default Re: Winding own oscillator coil on a ferrite former

David,
Thanks for the informative post post. Beautiful work by the way. I can see your points about the determing the number of turns by experience and practice. After exchanging PMs with another forum member here, I am convinced that scramble winding is the way forward. Sometimes the simplest solution to a problem is often the best.

I did saw that wave winding machine video and only figured out that the crossover turns "stick" because of the surface texture of th Litz wire. From the untrained eyes, it almost looks like black magic.

Engineers have the habit of determing things with certainty. I do have the tendancy to be overcomplicating and overthinking about everything. Having said that,sometimes I did valve radio experiments and they failed, and I only could find the answers from deeper theoretical explanation. I have a strong interest in comparing theory with actual practice, particular in the area of mathematical solutions of supehet three-points tracking problems. I find it very rewarding when the theory actually agrees with practice. But when theory and practice dont agree, I often end up in a rabit hole looking for answers. It is a part of the fun of failing, learning,questioning and gaining deeper undertsanding.