View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2020, 4:26 pm   #1593
ColinTheAmpMan1
Octode

Default Re: The "Sussex" Homebrew Valve Tester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris55000 View Post
Hi!

I've been thinking about the construction of this unit, and the fact that the power input and the sense input of the original LCD panel meters shares one connector suggests to me that terminating the four 6V mains transformer meter supply secondaries and the meter connections in in a simple "junction box" connector PCB will allow simple 4 way leads and plugs to run up to each meter module, with additional 2 way leads and plugs to carry the meter inputs to the main Valve Tester PCB – the design I suggest is intended for Martin's PCB that carries 2–pin connections for the meter output connections!

I thought of this as a way of making the interconnecting wiring a little simpler and neater, that's all!

I'll get this drawn up & design files with Gerber's posted in a day or two!

Chris Williams
I think I may be reading this incorrectly, but please bear in mind that the supplies to the meters must be independent, as stated on P14 of the manual.

I might well get around to some construction of mine, but there is so much on the "round-to-it" pile that I can't make any predictions. Perhaps lockdown for a few more years? (only joking!).

Colin.
ColinTheAmpMan1 is offline   Reply With Quote