View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2006, 9:05 pm   #6
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Ekco T311

I decided to sneak a preview of the innards. First sight was an encouraging layer of dust and cobwebs and I hoovered out the worst of them with the help of a small brush. Unfortunately the phantom has been there before me.

The EHT lead is hanging loose, not surprising since it has a "top cap" type connector on it while the CRT has a cavity. The anode of the EHT rectifier is floating in mid air while part of the plastic cradle on which it sits looks like it melted away completely. If that LOPT is still viable I will be very lucky indeed. The CRT is an unknown quantity. If it's the original Mazda then it's chances aren't too good. If it's decent regun then I'm lucky. No label that I can see yet. I haven't taken the chassis out yet - I really don't know when I'll get a round tuit - too many other things going on at the moment.

Cosmetically, the cabinet is a bit scratched on top but should come up reasonably without stripping and refinishing. I'm quite happy for it not to look factory fresh. The knobs seem all present and correct and the back is in good nick except that the rather large "power bulge" has been bashed at one point. Not enough to damage the CRT and certainly not an immediate problem.