View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2021, 1:55 pm   #51
HECTOR63
Banned

Default Re: Going Mobile with Amateur Radio

Many thanks again Folks for the advices in Bedfordshire-yes iused to do alot of CB back in the very late 70s and many a day and night with flat car batteries etc with mobile.Great area indeed,but these days its become a bit of a commercial enetrprise and parking is a premuim event in itself!That said DDRC do many rallies etc there,so when CV permitting we can get to one and have a vhat with the locals as to there uptakes with its ongoing upkeep and they may have an area open to them for there activities in agreement with the Downs management team etc.Stockwood park is another possibility as again it hosts a fair and rallies with strong club attendances too.But again when there are no retail activities etc then its the same kind of senario etc with walkie talkers etcand its just up the road and round the conrner from me.Biggleswade is a bit of a strech really just for the sake of but maybe later on I shall give that a spotting.Otherwise I think its up to me to get into a club somewhere and see what becomes of that once I have the course under belt then consider to go for the exam when confident to do so.