View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2021, 8:29 pm   #1
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Uher CR 210 Cassette Recorder Check Out

Just quickly looking at this CR 210 which is a smaller and simpler sibling to my CR 240.

Sold as not working, with status that powers up but no drive and on/off push button stuck in/down. No AC/DC adapter/charger but did come with a Uher Z 215 NiCad rechargeable battery (fully flat). Came with a somewhat tatty leather case and a bunch of cables plus useful User manual and the very useful large service/schematic sheet.

Found that the stuck down push button is the on/off switch for the internal loudspeaker, have managed to get this moving a little.

Using my Z 131 power adapter from my CR 240 (the 210 uses the same adapter) got it to power up, although somewhat intermittently. Like the CR 240 the cassette tape has to be fitted and lowered down for the unit to power up.

The motor tries to rotate and the main drive belt does move but no sign of the cassette tape moving. Motor speed/direction does not change with FFD, RWD, FWD or Reverse selected. Very difficult to tell properly without a strip down but the 4 belts look intact.

Presently charging the Z 215 battery to see if it will take and hold a good charge.

Will need to do a strip down to check out the belts properly which I am not looking forward to, everything is crammed in so tightly and very delicate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CR 210.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	235973   Click image for larger version

Name:	NiCad.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	235974  

Last edited by DMcMahon; 15th Jun 2021 at 8:33 pm. Reason: Typo correction