View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2021, 10:35 am   #10
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Dynatron Ether Conqueror restoration

As I commented in the first thread Angus [p22], the enthusiasts here can be relied on and Techman has already demonstrated this. Your own interest in restoration is commendable but do watch your step. There's very little there [in real terms] without intact valves and if you look at some of the other RG projects it's clear this can be a painstaking and highly skilled task if the historical, personal and financial value of the Radiogram is to be regained. It's great that you do intend to keep it intact but it's not hard to achieve the opposite effect [I've done something similar myself]. It might perhaps help those advising you if you say something about your technical background? Apologies if this is more than appears to be the case. We simply can't tell

I didn't purchase one of these at the Battle Auctions twenty years ago [lack of time and a suitable vehicle]. It was in excellent condition. Do I regret this-well no! I might have stripped out the Tuner Unit It was a very different time when RG's had little value, even the rare ones, plus you had to know that they were rare

Dave

Last edited by dave walsh; 14th Jan 2021 at 10:53 am.