View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2018, 10:14 am   #7
NorfolkDaveUK
Banned

Default Re: Tandberg 3000x annoying problem

capacitors i always change out for panasonics , especially if , like on this unit , it has frakkos in it , they are always dry and more often than no leaking dc , transistors I`m a bit less like that , but once i test if i test one on the bench (because you cant really accurately test them in circuit) I put a new one in its place because its a lot easier them fiddling around putting a clipped one in . this deck is awkward as heck to trace a signal on , the problem im having tracing the signal is , i get that weird trace on both channels even with the signal only going in one side .....well.....i did until last night ....once i noticed the fuse was blown and replace it the signal was better , but its still not doing what it should . When you listen to the signal from the output , it`s all coming from one speaker , BOTH input level pots adjust the input in said same speaker , and if you turn the input up too far on either pot , it squeals and clips my amp out . I`m also getting some sort of signal off the chassis , so some where its shorted to the chassis . I`m going to sort the transformer out this morning and then I`ll start over looking for the fault . The transformer is a mess on this thing . I`m going to pull the main board out again today . I had it out some weeks back to change all the capacitors so I may have caused the short putting it back in . I dont think so but its worth checking . If I dont get it solved today then it`ll go on hold anyway because I have 2 more being delivered that need to get sorted , an A77 and a Philips 4510

Last edited by NorfolkDaveUK; 9th Oct 2018 at 10:29 am.